For our campers in grades 7-9, Coastal Camp aims to encourage an appreciation for stewardship and preservation of our natural world. Through exploration, team work, and inquiry projects, we foster environmental literacy and empower campers to take action and give back.
Weeklong day camp sessions include lunch and a camp T-shirt (limit one per camper). Campers are grouped by their fall 2018 grade level.
GRADES 7 - 9
July 30 - August 3 SOLD OUT!
Featuring a two-night overnight backpacking trip! Let your quest for adventure guide the way as you explore the wonders of the natural world. Explore coastal watersheds by traveling through them on a multiday backpacking excursion.
- Hike from Mount Tamalpais back to the Marin Headlands
- Design and conduct a science inquiry project
- Collect data and make measurements trailside
- Use GPS to chart location on a collective orienteering map
- Present findings at the science symposium
August 6 - 10
Featuring a kayak tour on Richardson Bay! This incredible journey will focus on ocean ecology, understanding human impacts on the ocean, and using your newfound knowledge to create strategies for change.
- Determine the abiotic and biotic impacts on the San Francisco Bay
- Get hands-on with the Marine Lab critters
- Study harbor seals at Point Bonita
- Compare plankton samples from different bodies of water
- Collect data for the 5 Gyres national project
- Kayak on Richardson Bay